And speaking of trimming, I've decided to go with virginiadear 's most excellent suggestion of jet beads. Faux in this case. So the plan is to get all the ruffles on, putting it in a wearable state, then start adding the beads.
As the rest of the work on this is all hand work, it'll become my carry along project. A mom's gotta have something productive to do while her daughter is at therapy. Also good for sitting in front of the t.v. and watching Project Runway.
I also worked on, wait for it.....the corset. *gasp* I know, it's been ages since I touched it. Poor thing has been gazing forlornly at me from the corner of my sewing table for months. I got 4 more boning channels sewn on, I'll do some more tonight. I'd like to get this done by the 15th. Compleatly doable if I work on it every night. then I can get started on my long planned 1893 Empire.