Still to do:
Sew down hem facing
Make new sleeve (the original is looking a bit more like a leg 'o mutton than I'd like)
Make and attach bias trim.
Tack back pleats down
( progress pics so far.... )
|You're viewing anielmom's journal|
Create a Dreamwidth Account Learn More
Thanks to the awesome and fabulousjennil I have a pic of the back of the Archery gown! She so rocks! So, with pic in hand, I'm going to see if I can get the bodice back to look a it more like the original. I need to change the C.B. a bit, but otherwise, I think I have it looking fairly good.
The headache finally left. The only problem then was that I couldn't sleep. I was up 'till about 5am, and when I did fall asleep, I had the weirdest dream that D. was shouting for me. So that, of course, woke me right back up. Arrgh!
i did manage to get the laundry done and some cookies baked, but the rest of the house work will have to wait until i have a bit more energy.
And of course, E. has decided she is not going to have a good day. Most days she is an angel, but sometimes....
Sigh. I guess someone will not be having cookies
Ok, now onto the real reason for this post. Sleeves!
But I have actually been sewing, and even made some progress on the Archery dress. And I even have photographic evidence!
I finely got around to pulling a pattern off the drape of the bodice and even got that cut out and stitched together. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and will only be making a couple of small changes.
I was a little concerned that it would fit strangely as Gemma is a little larger than me and the drape looked horrific on me. But it looks like we are about the same proportion after all. I guess breathing in all that foam dist was worth it.