anielmom: (Default)
After being totally inspired by [livejournal.com profile] bauhausfrau  's 18th cent. shoe recovering tutorial, and finding two pairs of the most perfect shoes dirt cheep, I decided to give it a go.  But I need Victorian boots at the moment, not 18th cent., so decided to try and modify her method.  So this is part one of who knows how many journals documenting my progress.

Step 1: Spray the heck out of it )
anielmom: (Default)
I decided to use the brown shoes for this project, for a couple of reasons really.  #1 They are a size 8 and I wear a 71/2, so I figure I could use the extra grip of a boot.  I may also end up stuffing the toe with a little batting.  We'll see.  #2 They are suede, and so easier to pin into without causing to much damage.
So far, I've managed to drape the vamp.   I think I'll leave it there for tonight, 'cause 6:30 come early.
I'm taking pictures of the process, so will get them up maybe tomorrow if I've got time.  I also need to work on the corset, so I'm not sure if I'll get any more done on them in the next few days. 
I'm justifying my CADD induced detour, by claiming the need for footwear to go with the 1893 empire.  I think its a plausible excuse;)

Shooooes!

Mar. 3rd, 2009 07:34 pm
anielmom: (Default)
Alright, I've been looking for thrift store hats for this thrifty bonnets class I'm taking on Saturday.  Not having much luck finding anything.  I picked up a few, but I'm not really diggin' any of them. 
But the real reason for this post is the SHOES!  I found 2 pair that will be perfect for 18th cent.  I plan on using the method put forth by [livejournal.com profile] bauhausfrau  the Shoe Goddess.


Shoe and hat spam! )

Profile

anielmom: (Default)
anielmom

August 2010

S M T W T F S
1 234 567
89 1011121314
15161718192021
2223 2425262728
29 3031    

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios