We then went over to the in-laws for an easter egg hunt and a light lunch. Everyone laughs that we do a hunt just for E, but it works better for her this way. Because of her vision problems and the fact that she moves much more slowly than other kids, she never gets anything in a group hunt. We spent some time sitting outside, basking in the glorious spring weather, then went to see the new Dr. Suess movie, "Horton Hears A Who". This is one of our all time favorite books, and we were all quite pleased with the film version. All in all, we had a very nice time.
Now for the sewing stuff.
I've been thinking a lot about my short stays and the way they fit. They seem to do much more smashing than lifting. So I've been mulling over a few options.
First would be taking them apart and making them a little smaller. I just hate the Idea of taking out all those hand stitches. They are so much more difficult to remove than machine stitches. Or I could just scrap them and make a whole new set a size smaller than the current ones.
Next, I am considering making a bodiced petticoat using the directions found Here. As I really don't require that much support, it might be a nice compromise. I also think it would be nice to have for gowns made with sheerer fabric.
I'm just not sure which option to choose.
As for the patterning for the actual gown, that is going fairly well. I added 1/2" to the rise of the armseye. I took about an inch off the length of the bodice front, as it was a little to low to give me that really high Empire line, I decided to leave the back the length it was and just added seam allowances, but I did lower the V in the back by 2".
As for the sleeve, I'm happy with the under sleeve as is, so didn't change that at all. I've added 3" to the puff and am hoping it is not too puffy now. I'm going to wait to make the pattern for the sleeve trim to be sure I have the poof just the way I like it.
I hope to get the whole lot cut out tonight, and perhaps stitch it tomorrow. It depends on how much energy I've got.
I also need to get started on my homework assignment. It's rediculus, but I'm having the worst time on the simple fitted skirt front! I can't seem to get the darts in there. Maybe it's Gemma. I think I'm going to try my sloper on her again and see if I need to make adjustments to her lower half.